Merciless trench warfare immerses you and your squad in intense battles of attach and defense. WWI: Verdun is the first multiplayer FPS set in an authentic World War One setting offering a rarely seen battlefield experience.
About the Game
The game takes place on the Western Front between 1914 and 1918, in one of the bloodiest conflicts in world history. Inspired by the infamous Battle of Verdun in 1916. Verdon is the first multiplier FPS set in a realistic World War One setting. The vicious close quarters nature of trench warfare means that skill with a bayonet can be as vital as good aim with a rifle.
Five distinct game-modes with many historically accurate features such as realistic WWI weaponry, authentic uniforms, horrendous gore and maps based on the real battlefields of France and Belgium. The dynamic Frontlines game mode features 64 players taking turns to go over the top and attempt to capture the opposing trench line.
Iconic Western Front Locations
The gameplay in this true WW1 battlefield experience is as immersive and gritty as it can get, with features such as optional realistic gore that portrays the true horror of the First World War and authentic weaponry, including artillery and gas. Weapons need to be handled with skill as each gun handles differently and there are no floating crosshairs to aid your aim, along with bullet physics to contend with.
Battle our way across no man’s land to capture the next enemy trench line, before switching to defense to protect our gains in the Frontlines game mode. Kee your head down or quickly don your mask in the event of artillery strikes or gas attacks. This unforgiving war isn’t for the faint hearted.
Historical Uniform Progression
Extensive field research at the battlefield itself and were advised by knowledgeable historians to make sure the individual elements in Verdun are as historically accurate as possible. Uniforms have been recreated to the tiniest detail. The weapons are modeled to exact references and the maps use realistic props and terrain layouts.
Everything in the game has been tailored to recreate the grim atmosphere, so typical of WW1. From the immersive interface and war-torn maps to realistic sound and voices that evoke the feeling of actually being there in the mud-covered trenches, peering out over man’s land in search of the enemy.
- Experience World War 1 Gameplay: Accurate weaponry with realistic bullet physics, skill-based weapon handling, poisonous gas with a claustrophobic gas mask experience, horrendous gore effects, and ferocious artillery barrages.
- Tactical Squad-Based FPS: 15 distinctive squad types representing soldiers from 5+ countries, each with distinct weapons and equipment.
- True Trench Warfare: Real-time dynamic frontline with momentum-based attack and counter-attack gameplay.
- Authentic World War 1 Setting: Typical WW1 music and style, historical battlefields representing the key theaters on the Western Front.
- Challenging Game Modes: Team-based Frontlines, tactical Attrition, skill-based Rifle Deathmatch, and relentless Squad Defense.
- For Ages 17+
- Console: Sony Playstation 5
- Developer: M2H
- Publisher: M2H
- Genre: Action / Adventure – First-Person-Shooter
- Franchise: WW1 Games Series
- ESRB Rating: PEGI 18
- Release Date: 06/15/2021
- Version: European Version
- Amazon ASIN: B09BNZHL9B
- Also Known As: Verdun (US, EU, AU, JP) | WWI Verdun: Western Front (EU)